If your Neff oven handles are loose, broken, or missing and you don't have any idea how to fix or replace them, then you've come to the right place! We've done some research and gathered ideas on how to fix it through a step-by-step procedure listed below.
Here are the steps to fix your Neff oven's door handle:
- You should start by removing the door of the oven for an easy access to the handle.
- Once you're done removing the oven door, unscrew all the screws in the door.
- After unscrewing all the screws, simply separate the two pieces of glass—the inner glass and outer glass.
- To remove the handle for fixing, simply unfasten the screws that holds the handle and also, remove with it the strengthening pieces.
- Lift the outer glass away. The handle will simply fall off from the front of the oven door.
- You should now fix the oven door handle.
In order to successfully fix a Neff oven door handle, you should be able to follow and do the steps correctly. Keep reading to understand fully the details of each step. Along the way, we'll also answer some questions regarding oven door handles.
Steps To Fix Your Neff Oven Door Handle
First, before starting with the whole process, make sure to disconnect the appliance from the main outlet to ensure safety. Second, prepare all the needed tools for this task. Now for this job, you'll need a torque head screwdriver set and an electric drill. You may also want to use a pair of gloves for protection.
Step 1. Remove The Oven Door
Oven doors have different types of release mechanisms depending on the model. While some require a pin or nail to be inserted through a hole in the hinge which locks the mechanism and allows you to lift the door away from the oven, others have a catch on the hinge that you need to turn.
As for the Neff oven door handle, you simply need to flick or lift those holding catches over and lift the door out to be completely released.
Step 2. Unscrew All The Screws
After detaching the oven door, put it on a secure flat surface, like a table. Unfasten all the six screw heads using the torque head screw set and an electric drill. The screws are located on the back and bottom part of the door.
Take note also that if the screws are a bit rusty and grimy, clean them. If the screws are damaged, you should replace them.
Step 3. Separate The Two Pieces Of Glass
The Neff oven door frame is comprised of two pieces of glass. So before you can actually replace or fix your oven door handles, you need to separate the inner and outer glass to reach the handle screws that are located on the inside of the outer glass.
Simply lift up the inner glass once the whole process of unscrewing the 6 screws is done.
Step 4. Unscrew The Handle Screws And Strengthening Pieces
Once you're done separating the two glasses, you can now see the handle screws. Unscrew the handle screws and remove the strengthening pieces that are fixed with it.
Step 5. Lift The Outer Glass
The second to the last step, as you'll see in the video below, shows that when all the screws are out, you should gently lift the outer glass up and the oven door handle will fall off and will be ready for fixing.
Step 6. Fix The Oven Door Handle
Fixing an oven door handle includes reattaching and replacing a new one. Hence, it is important that before you fix the handle, make sure that the new handle should be exactly the same as the old one or at least very similar. This is to ensure that it will fit the mold perfectly and would not cause another problem.
It is also very vital that after fixing the handle, you should be able to redo the steps and return all the parts back into their correct positions.
Lastly, never forget to test your handle after the entire procedure. Open and close the oven door to check if it's intact. You may also hang anything to it just to make sure it holds and doesn't fall off. If it passes all your tests, then you have successfully fixed your Neff oven door handle.
How Do You Take Apart A Neff Oven Door?
To take apart a Neff oven door, you need to do the following steps:
- Remove the oven door by opening it fully.
- Lift up the two clips or the door hinges located on both sides of the door.
- From there, lift the entire door up until it hits the bracket and tilt it up slowly. Pull the bottom part off the hinges.
- Place your oven door on a flat and secure surface.
- Now, remove the plastic cover located at the topmost part of the door. To remove the cover, press the two clips on both ends and pull the entire cover off.
- Lift the inner glass and put it aside. If you also want to remove the middle glass, you can simply tilt the top part and slide the entire glass out.
Watch the video below for a visual guide that would help you carry out each of the steps we have listed.
Can You Replace Oven Door Handles?
Yes, as we have discussed earlier, oven door handles are replaceable and you can even do it yourself at home as long as you have the needed tools and materials for the replacement job.
How Do You Replace The Door Handle On A Neff Oven?
In replacing the door handle on a Neff oven, the same step-by-step guide listed above on how to fix your door handle should be followed.
How Do You Tighten An Oven Door Handle?
To tighten an oven door handle, just follow these simple steps:
- Fully open the oven door and unlock the hinges which are located on each sides at the bottom part.
- Lift the door upward and pull the bottom part off the body of the oven.
- Place the oven door in any secure flat surface.
- Unscrew the handle screws located on the inside part of the door.
- You should observe the screws. If they're rusty and dirty, then you need to clean them. If they are already stripped and beyond repair, you should replace them with new ones.
- Fasten and readjust the screws back in tightly.
- Replace the door to the body of the oven and lock the hinges.
- Test the handle. Make sure that the door handle is already intact and doesn't move anymore.
A Neff oven door handle can be fixed using simple tools that can be found in your home. The first thing that you should do is to detach the entire oven door. Afterward, unfasten the screws together with the strengthening pieces and separate the two pieces of glasses.
For the few finals steps, remove the handle and fix or replace it to your desire. Never forget to repeat the steps when replacing the door back to the body of the oven. Make sure to test your oven door handle once you're done with the entire process.
You may want to browse the following posts which you might find helpful, and which are all related to fixing stuff: